How to Turn On Windows 10 Ransomware Protection
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security >Windows Security , and then select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Go to Manage Ransomeware Protection:
- Turn on or make sure Controlled Folder Access is set to On. This will protect your default Documentsfolder and a few other default folders.
- If you have other folders where you save data besides the documents folder. Click on protected folders and add them.